Thursday, July 23, 2009

Memory Jar

A good friend of mine enlightened a group of us to the concept of a "memory jar". A way of recording those precious and life changing moments of yours and your childrens lives. Upon waking up to my 8 months old fussing at 2am last night, I walked into one of those very moments to store in my own memory jar. To my surprise I walked in to my 2.5 year old sitting in the rocker next to his sister's crib reading a book to her. My reaction, "What heaven's name are you doing?!" He replied matter of factly "Reading Maddie Moo a story". A determined effort to soothe his crying sister. After retrieving her from her crib to feed her he hopped down and rubbed her back reassuring her it was all ok and began singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to her. It brought tears to my eyes. With no objection he hopped back into bed and chatted with me as I fed her and reminded him that it was still time to sleep. Before she had finished eating he was fast asleep again. Yes indeed, a perfect moment to store.

No comments:

Post a Comment